Want to Know the Secret to Create More Profit?
The answer is simple:
It’s all about people — the people who are your employees, the people who you’ve attracted as customers and the people who support your business.
How do you tap into your employees’ desires for their career so they deliver exceptional customer experiences consistently? How do you leverage the relationships with your customers to increase your customer lifetime value and lower your customer acquisition cost? How do you balance the expectations for profit this quarter / month with a longer term approach to nurturing relationships? How do you build a community around your business? How do you attract the right supporters, strategic partners and / or investors?
Since starting her incentive business from scratch 18 years ago in the living room of her home in rural British Columbia — and growing that business (including winning Entrepreneur of the Year in 2003) by focusing on people — Carol has been helping businesses of all sizes — from multi-nationals to solopreneurs — to increase their profits in multiple ways.
As a leadership consultant, best-selling author, speaker, trainer and specialist in reinvention of all types, Carol has created the F.O.R.C.E. Formula™ which is used at Marquee Incentives to help you to achieve your goals. The F.O.R.C.E. Formula looks at the 5 primary areas within a business that are ripe for transformation.
F = Foundation
O = Operations
R = Reach
C = Customer Experience
E = Employee Experience
Your company will be transformed using the S.U.P.E.R. S.T.A.R. Reinvention Technique which ensures that your company is profitable in the long term and the short term.
Sagacious = How do we use good judgment and discernment skills to create the new story for the reinvention of our company?
Transformational = Will this new story transform the company in one or more areas?
Attractive = Are we attracting the right people to support the company’s vision, mission and goals?
Resourceful = Are we tapping into the resources we already have before looking outside?
Sustainable = Is this transformation / change sustainable for the long term?
If you are looking for ways to increase your profit, contact Marquee Incentives today.
After an initial conversation to determine the gap between where you are today and where you need to be to — not only survive but thrive for years to come — your team of experts is created to give you exactly what you need to achieve your goals.
Customer Experience Process
Use the “S.U.P.E.R. S.T.A.R.S. Reinvention Technique” as your guide
- Secret-shop in person, on the phone and online – you need to know what it’s like to be your customer
- Understand your culture – does it support a great customer experience?
- Obtain Board and C-suite commitment to improving customer experience
- Review your customer complaints / testimonials / online mentions – where are the gaps according to S.T.A.R.S.?
- Ask customers what are their needs using S.U.P.E.R.
- Allow customers to state their preferences for the communication they have with you
- Use a combination of high-tech and high-touch – high-tech to easily disseminate data collected about each customer and to create models for ideal customers and what they may need. High-touch to personify the customer experience. Strive for consistency – each and every time, the customer needs to know what they will experience – regardless of employee, regardless of location, regardless of time of day
- Ensure that all touch points are reliable – websites, phone, in-person, email etc. They must all deliver a consistent experience based on your brand promise
- Eliminate silos within your company and promote cross-department communication as it relates to increasing the customer experience
- Build a community around your business and your business around a community
- Create a Voice of Customer (VOC) program – and always be reviewing social conversations, online reviews and testimonials, customer surveys, call center and customer service feedback, and feedback from tech-support and retail reps
- Realize it’s a game of measures that has meaning to your customers and employees – that there is not one “perfect” measure for customer experience
Customer Experience KPIs
The 3 main Customer Experience KPIs are Acquisition, Retention and Profit
Acquisition = Goal is Lower CAC–measure referrals, social mentions, efficiency of marketing campaigns, conversion rate
Retention = Goal is Increased CLV – measure average order value, average frequency of purchase, average length of “customer” (how long they are your customers), average resolution time for a complaint, cost of loyalty programs, and mark-downs for repeat purchases or to avoid loss of customer
Profit = Goal is Lower Cost to Service – measure revenue per employee, gross profit per employee
Employee Experience Process
Use the “S.U.P.E.R. S.T.A.R.S. Reinvention Technique” as your guide
- Understand your culture – does it support a great employee experience?
- Ensure your employees core values match the corporate core values
- Practice appreciation – informal recognition and formal recognition – Peer to peer and manager to employee
- Deliver honest, open communication
- Provide opportunities for training and advancement
- Create a career path
- Disallow toxic people in your company
- Pay attention to turnover, particularly with specific managers
- Use 360 degree feedback to improve experience
- Hearten contribution and innovation
- Encourage a caring approach to dealing with mistakes – what is the lesson?
- Compensate fairly, reward exceptional behaviour
Employee Experience KPIs
The 3 main Employee Experience KPIs are Acquisition, Retention and Profit
Acquisition – Recruitment costs, training costs, number of employee referrals
Retention –Employee engagement level, employee satisfaction score,average employee tenure, 360 feedback score, employee churn rate, attendance rates
Profit – Revenue per employee, safety, customer experience
The Marquee Team consists of specialists in
- Corporate Culture
- Employee Recognition
- Employee Engagement
- Sales Incentives — for channel partners, strategic partners, affiliates, customers and sales teams
- Customer Experience throughout the customer journey
- Community Building — online and offline
Be prepared to implement
Be prepared to get results
Be prepared for an outstanding customer experience
Be prepared for happier employees
Be prepared for more profit
Contact us today to get started
5 Steps to Success
Define – Define what objectives you want to achieve, what KPIs you want to impact, what touch points you are focusing on for this initiative (don’t attempt to do all at once!), prioritize your objectives, define the timing, identify resources, allocate budgets, identify return on investment expected
Discover – Map your customer’s journey from the moment they first hear about you through to repeat purchases. Be sure to include customer experience perspective from employees in all departments – not just “customer service”. Also be sure to include data from relationship surveys and transactional surveys of your customers
Design – Using best practices, discovery insight and your objectives, design a customer experience plan
Implement – Implement your plan, educate your employees, engage in two-way dialogues with employees, encourage two-way dialogues between customers and employees
Monitor – Monitor employee responses, customer reaction, customer learning, feedback, impact to KPIs and adjust as needed
Here’s Who We Work With
- We ONLY work with clients who have a genuine top-down interest in changing the future of their organization by focusing on The People that Produce The Profits.
- Their leaders are likely interested in becoming a B-Corp and they definitely consider 3 the P’s — People, Planet and Profit to be important.
- Their leaders are definitely trail-blazers who not only want to — but expect — that their vendors become partners in their success.
We then expect that we become partners with you in your success (no, not in a legal sense!) but on a “we’re in this together” sense to produce incredible results.
We start with why you contacted us, what your needs are, where the gap is between where you are and where you want to be and then we create a plan.
Your plan will likely include ways to improve in multiple areas of your business and we tie them together with priorities. Your Marquee Team specialists will help with the specific priorities as / when needed.
Note: We do not work with any companies who are “profits before people” nor do we work with any companies that are harming the environment and we only work with people who are dedicated to making their CX + EX sing profits.
- Coordinate with your project managers, Voice of Customer (VOC) team, senior leaders, management team, supervisors and trainers for requirements
- Define – what are your objectives? … Identify Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), create your baseline
- Discover – what is it really like to be your customer and your employee? … Coordinate with VOC team and test that VOC insight matches employee insight and customer reality … Coordinate with employees, managers and HR to ensure employee reality matches leadership’s perception
- Create your transition plan with input from all stakeholders
- Implement and support training, coaching, mentoring and facilitating
- Coordinate with your team to report on results and make appropriate adjustments
- Leave you with the insights and practices to continue to grow your customer experience
Contact us today to get started
Why Choose Marquee Incentives
- You’ll have one point of contact for all your profit improvement needs.
- We’ll uncover what you need — which may be different than what you think you need.
- We’ll create a comprehensive plan to improve the profit of your business — it will include employee recognition and engagement and it may include incentives,marketing suggestions; customer engagement strategies; systematizing processes; training; joint ventures; licensing; additional revenue streams; and whatever else we uncover as we look for areas of opportunity for you.
- We’ll implement that plan.
- We have strategic alliances with partners throughout the world so we can tap into whatever sources we need for you in terms of rewards, software and/or contacts. What kind of rewards? Group incentive travel, individual incentive travel, merchandise, gift cards, digital downloads and concierge rewards — worldwide.
- We believe in collaborating with our clients — with sleeves rolled up and heads-together to achieve results.
- Oh, and we’re an award winning consultancy that’s been around for nearly 20 years. Carol Wain, President & CEO won Entrepreneur of the Year in 2003.
What People Say
Carol’s work with us was always top notch. I always felt comfortable allowing her to speak to senior management. Her ideas were always exactly what we needed, even when we didn’t know at first what we needed. I would work with Carol again in a heartbeat.
Working with Carol Wain and her very dedicated team to transition from our old recognition program was seamless. She was patient, and very helpful, in suggesting various options for us to consider and implement, i.e. referral programs, peer recognition, manager recognition…. Unfortunately, NexInnovations has gone through a tough financial situation recently, resulting in the reinvention and cancellation of some of its programs, including the recognition program. The company was very pleased with Incentive Depot (now known as Marquee Incentives)…
Carol really has a strong understanding of the incentive, loyalty and rewards space that she has built over many years of running highly successful programs. Her consultative approach from a strong knowledge base allows her to be truly solution focused and develop the correct opportunity that will carry her clients forward for many years to come. Within this vertical she is well respected by both Candian and US clients for being agile and forward thinking and a market leader.
Carol Wain is a very organized, detail oriented executive with a keen sense of customer service for her clients. She is very knowledgeable about the many facets of the incentive marketplace. Carol is also a great humanitarian.
I have known Carol for over 30 years. She is an intelligent, self-motivated, highly regarded entrepreneur, and best-selling author to boot. I recently had the pleasure of reading and editing her two new books and I was blown away by her knowledge and amazing ability to put her expertise on paper! Any business or entrepreneur would be grateful for Carol’s assistance in helping them to increase profits and improve their business by leveraging their relationships, resources, and expertise. Carol definitely has the knowledge, expertise, and formula for success.
Carol is an extremely knowledgeable incentive professional who has built a very well run/operated organization. When I was new to the industry, she spent time answering my questions, mentoring, and shedding light on the in/outs of the business. When I needed information, she never hesitated to help. If I were looking for an incentive company to help me run a loyalty/rewards program, I would not hesitate to call on Carol.
I have worked with Incentive Depot since we implemented our service recognition program with them in January 2003. The team we work with, Carol Wain and Lynn Truby, are always responsive to our needs and our employees’ needs. Lynn responds personally to our employee’s questions and they really seem to appreciate that. The selection of rewards they have to choose from are extensive and cater to all different interests. In fact, we are currently discussing options to expand our program to some of our non-US practices. We would recommend them if you are looking for a service recognition administrator.
Carol is a true incentive professional, we have collaborated on global project proposals and are both members of the IMA and SITE two professional associations in the incentive field. Carol is a forward thinker and has developed cutting edge technology that adds value to her clients. Keep Winning Carol
Carol is a strong leader taking her responsibility above and beyond. As President of the Travel Council of the IMA we completed many projects that we had only dreamt about since our inception. Carol is great at delegating though a perfect person to bring everything back together for a complete package. She is enthusiastic and passionate and a pleasure to work with.